Spicy Fried Chicken Wings are deep-fried until wonderfully crispy on the outside but still juicy on the inside.They have a great spicy kick to go along with the crunch!
Eat them plain or dip them in Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for a great appetizer, gameday treat, or a snack with a cold beer.
I love fried chicken and especially fried chicken wings. They are probably my favorite part of the bird. So much crispy skin in relation to the meat. 🙂
One of my favorite things about making fried chicken wings is they fry up in just 10 minutes. Much quicker than it takes to fry chicken breasts or thighs.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY FRIED CHICKEN WINGS:
The first step is to make a spice rub with paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, and poultry seasoning. You can leave the poultry seasoning out if you don’t have it, but I love the flavor it adds. If you don’t have onion powder, you can use garlic powder instead. Sprinkle the mixture on the wings and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so the spices have time to soak into and flavor the wings.
Next you’ll combine 3 eggs and some hot sauce in a bowl and some all-purpose flour and salt in another bowl or shallow dish.
Pour about 1 1/2 inches of oil into a Dutch oven or cast iron pan with high sides and heat until about 350 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, check to make sure the oil is hot enough by dropping a small pinch of flour into the oil. If the oil bubbles up around it, it is hot enough. If your wings start to brown tooo quickly, the oil is too hot and you need to turn the heat down some.
Dip the wings in the egg mixture and then coat in flour. Working in batches, fry them for 8 to 10 minutes.
Be sure to try these other Wing Recipes:
- Carolina Mustard Wings
- Orange Soda Hot Wings
- Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Sticky Wings
- Honey Tabasco Wings
- Roasted Ranch Wings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 12 chicken wings, cut apart at the joint and wing tips discarded
- 3 eggs
- 1- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teapsoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing, optional
- Combine all the spice ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the wings in a 9x13-inch baking dish and sprinkle the rub all over them. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Whisk together the eggs and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Place flour and salt in a shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Pour about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven.Heat to 350 degrees.
- Dip the wings in the egg mixture and then coat in flour.
- Fry half the wings for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Use tongs to remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining wings.Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Down Home with The Neelys
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.