Bourbon Peach BBQ Wings are baked until crispy and coated with an easy 3-ingredient bbq sauce. The perfect southern wings for gameday!
These wings are really easy to make. They are coated in a little flour, baking powder, and spices and then baked until crispy. To finish them off, they are coated in bbq sauce and returned to the oven for 5 minutes. Eat them plain or dip them in Ranch or blue cheese for an awesome appetizer or meal.
Bourbon and Peach Flavor Combination
The slightly sweet, caramel-like flavor of bourbon pairs perfectly with the sweetness of peaches. It is one of my favorite summer flavor combinations.
- Chicken Wings
- All-purpose flour– Just a little to coat the wings.
- Baking Powder– helps the wings get crispy.
- Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper- for seasoning.
- BBQ Sauce– I like to use Stubbs. Use whichever sauce is your favorite.
- Ripe Peach– use frozen if you don’t have fresh.
- Bourbon– use your favorite. I really like cooking with Maker’s Mark. It has a nice, smooth flavor.
How To Make Bourbon Peach BBQ Wings
- Cut the wings apart and discard the wing tip.
- Pat them dry and toss them with flour, baking powder, and seasonings.
- Arrange them skin side down on a greased, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- While the wings are in the oven, make the sauce. First simmer the bbq sauce and peaches in a saucepan. Then add the bourbon and simmer a few more minutes. Let cool some and then place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Brush the wings with the sauce and bake 5 more minutes.
If you have a wire rack that you can place inside your rimmed baking sheet, you can bake the wings on it and they will get crispier than if you place them directly on the baking sheet. I don’t think it matters that much for these wings since they are coated in sauce.
More Great Wing Recipes
- Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- Honey TABASCO Wings
- Roasted Ranch Wings
- Sticky Soy Chicken Wings
- Carolina Mustard Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 ripe peach, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a rimmed baking sheet heavily with cooking spray.
- Cut wings at the 2 joints and discard the wingtips.Pat wings dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.Add wings and stir to coat them well.
- Place wings skin side down on prepared baking sheet. Spray wings lightly with cooking spray.Bake for 45 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Place bbq sauce and chopped peach in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add bourbon and simmer another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let sauce cool some and then place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- After wings have baked for 45 minutes, brush them with sauce and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Toss with a little more sauce and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?