Sticky Soy Chicken Wings are marinated in a soy sauce/brown sugar mixture and then baked for an hour. The marinade caramelizes in the oven and turns wonderfully sticky.
These Sticky Soy Chicken Wings have a little heat and a little sweetness and so much flavor. Perfect for gameday or as a party apppetizer. Serve them on their own or with Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping. They have a little Asian flavor to them and are finger-licking good.
The simple 6-ingredient marinade really packs the flavor. There’s soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, garlic powder, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper.
You’ll want to marinate the wings for 2 to 24 hours. The longer you marinate them, the more flavor they will soak up. The marinade has a little sweetness with 1/3 a cup of brown sugar. If you want them to be sweeter, add 1/2 a cup of brown sugar.
I typically like my wings really crispy, but I have to say these sticky wings are addicting. Be sure to serve them with plenty of napkins. These wings make a mess.
Baking wings in the oven is so easy and so delicious. You do want to make sure you cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. The glaze will get really burnt onto your baking sheet if you don’t and you will be scrubbing all night.
Try These Other Chicken Wing Recipes:
Sticky Soy Chicken Wings
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut at joints and wing tips discarded
- Combine all ingredients except chicken wings in a large zip-top bag. Squish it around to mix.
- Add chicken wings, seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours, turning the bag every now and then.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.Spray with cooking spray.
- Place wings on the foil, meaty side up. Discard marinade.
- Bake for 1 hour.Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing if desired.