Mango Habanero Chicken Wings are baked until crispy and then coated in a sweet, spicy, and tangy sauce.
The sauce is made with fresh mango and habanero peppers. It is thick and sticky and really coats the wings. These wings make a great appetizer or gameday snack. Mangos and habanero peppers are a natural pair. When you first bite into these wings, you get the sweetness of the mango which is followed by a subtle burn of habanero at the back of your mouth.
There’s plenty of sauce to give the wings a good coating and have extra for dipping. I can’t eat wings without ranch so I also serve a little ranch dressing on the side.
HOW TO MAKE:
- Cut the wings into 3 pieces. Discard the wing tips.
- Coat and season the wings. I use a little flour, baking powder, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. The baking powder helps crisp them up.
- Bake the wings. Place them skin side down on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Make the sauce. Do this while the wings bake. Simmer the sauce to thicken it some.
- Baste the wings and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve the wings with extra sauce.
MANGO HABANERO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE TIPS:
You should wear plastic gloves when handling habanero peppers. The capsaican oils inside the peppers can burn your skin and will definitely burn your eyes if you have them on your hands and rub your eye.
You will need a food processor to get the peppers and onions blended into the sauce.
Try These Other Amazing Wing Recipes:
- Sticky Soy Chicken Wings
- Roasted Ranch Wings
- Honey TABASCO Wings
- Spicy Fried Chicken Wings
- Carolina Mustard Wings
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pureed mango, (1 mango)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 to 3 habanero peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it well with cooking spray.
- Separate the wings into 3 pieces, discarding the wing tips. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Place wings in a large bowl. Add flour, cornstarch, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Stir to coat wings evenly.
- Place wings skin side down on prepared baking sheet.Place in oven for 45 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- While wings bake, prepare Mango Habanero Sauce. Process mango puree, garlic and peppers in food processor until garlic and peppers are very finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and add vinegar, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, and paprika. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- After wings have baked for 45 minutes, brush them with sauce and return to oven for 5 minutes. Brush them again with sauce and serve with any leftover sauce for dipping.If desired, serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
2 thoughts on “Mango Habanero Chicken Wings”
The wings were tasty and spicy. However, they were a little wet. I wanted the wings to be a little crunchy. I thought that the baking powder would help with that.
The instructions say add cornstarch but the ingredients don’t list corn starch.