Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites make the perfect sweet, spicy, and salty finger food. They would be great for a summertime luau or just a plain old cookout.
A juicy chunk of fresh pineapple gets wrapped in bacon and skewered with a toothpick, which incidentally creates a great handle for picking them up.
Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites are very similar to the retro party favorite- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts. But you get a sweet surprise in the middle. 🙂
A sweet and spicy glaze of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, ginger, and soy sauce gets brushed on them and they are baked in a hot oven until the bacon gets crispy. The pineapple stays perfectly juicy and tastes so good wrapped in a piece of crispy bacon. I mean, can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon?
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites Recipe Tips
Use regular bacon, NOT thick-cut bacon.
Leave the cayenne pepper out or reduce it to 1/4 teaspoon if you don’t want the pineapple bites spicy.
The pineapple pieces can be wrapped with bacon up to 24 hours in advance. Cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The glaze can also be made a day in advance and refrigerated.
More Pineapple Recipes
- Pineapple Casserole– the ultimate sweet and savory casserole.
- Spicy Pineapple Guacamole
- Pineapple and Ham Cheeseball– perfect for using up leftover ham.
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff– so cool and creamy with salty, crunchy bits of pretzel mixed in.
Watch the short video below to see how easy these Pineapple Bites are to make.
Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 pound bacon, each slice cut in half
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a rack inside a large baking sheet.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each pineapple chunk and secure with a toothpick. Place on rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, and pineapple juice.
- Spoon a little brown sugar mixture over each bacon wrapped pineapple piece.
- Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
3 thoughts on “Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites”
Can these be served at room temperature? I’m thinking of making them for a work thing and do not have a way to warm them up other than a microwave.
This has become my go to appetizer.
You did it again, Christin! I love this!! I can see myself inhaling half of it before I serve it to guest!!