Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites make the perfect sweet, spicy, and salty finger food. They would be great for a summertime luau or just a plain old cookout.
A juicy chunk of fresh pineapple gets wrapped in bacon and skewered with a toothpick, which incidentally creates a great handle for picking them up.
Spicy Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites are very similar to the retro party favorite- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts. But you get a sweet surprise in the middle. 🙂
A sweet and spicy glaze of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, ginger, and soy sauce gets brushed on them and they are baked in a hot oven until the bacon gets crispy. The pineapple stays perfectly juicy and tastes so good wrapped in a piece of crispy bacon. I mean, can you go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon?
Watch the short video below to see how easy these Pineapple Bites are to make.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 pound bacon, each slice cut in half
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a rack inside a large baking sheet.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each pineapple chunk and secure with a toothpick. Place on rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, and pineapple juice.
- Spoon a little brown sugar mixture over each bacon wrapped pineapple piece.
- Place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.