Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts are a simple, classic appetizer and are always a fan favorite. Whole water chestnuts are marinated in a sweet and salty marinade made from soy sauce and brown sugar, wrapped in bacon and baked. A last minute coating of bbq sauce and a quick broil gives extra flavor and crispiness. Serve with a BBQ Mayonnaise Sauce for a delicious and easy to eat party food.
This is such an easy and tasty appetizer. It takes a little time to wrap all the water chestnuts in bacon, but the end result is well worth it.
The saltiness of the bacon enveloping the crunch of the water chestnuts with a little sweetness form BBQ sauce makes the perfect flavor combination. These Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts are hard to stop eating. Luckily this recipe makes a big batch of them.
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts are wonderful for a New Year’s Eve Party or the Superbowl.
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Whisk soy sauce and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add water chestnuts and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Discard the marinade and wrap a piece of bacon around each water chestnut. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Turn oven to broil. Brush the tops of each bacon wrapped water chestnut with bbq sauce. Broil for a few minutes, until browned and crispy.
- To make sauce, stir together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
More Party Food Recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.