Only 3 ingredients needed for these super easy and tasty Barbecue Bacon Meatballs! Wrapped in bacon, and coated with BBQ Sauce, both kids and adults will gobble these meatballs up.
Finger foods are always popular on game day, especially if they include bacon.
I start with frozen meatballs that have been partially defrosted. You can either place them in the fridge for awhile or defrost them in the microwave for a few minutes. You just need to be able to stick a toothpick through them to secure the bacon.
Meatballs wrapped in bacon are already delicious but when you coat the meatballs in Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Sauce and then brush the bacon with more sauce, they get an awesome smokey, spicy, and sweet flavor.
Stubb’s makes a lot of different Barbecue Sauces that are widely available. I used their Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce for this recipe but Original, Spicy, or Sticky Sweet would also be delicious. Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Sauces are made with quality ingredients and contain no high fructose corn syrup. I think they are by far the best tasting bottled bbq sauce.
Once coated in sauce and wrapped in bacon, the meatballs are baked in the oven until the bacon is crispy.
Serve Barbecue Bacon Meatballs with a little extra warm Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Sauce for a super fun party food.
Try These Other Amazing Meatball Recipes:
- Cheesy Skillet Meatballs
- Old-Fashioned Porcupine Meatballs
- Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- Tex Mex Meatballs
- Easy Beef Bulgogi Meatballs
Barbecue Bacon Meatballs
- 1 bottle Stubb's Bar-B-Q Sauce, I used Sweet Heat
- 36 frozen meatballs
- 9 slices of bacon each cut in half lengthwise into 2 long, skinny pieces. Then cut each long piece in half into 2 shorter pieces. You will have 4 pieces for each piece of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Partially defrost meatballs in microwave. (You want to be able to push a toothpick through them)
- Place about 1/2 cup Stubb's BBQ Sauce in a medium bowl. Toss meatballs in BBQ sauce.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each meatball and secure with a toothpick.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs form oven, baste with bbq sauce and place back in oven for about 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve with additional Stubb's Bar-B-Q Sauce for dipping.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published Oct 7, 2016
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I appreciate the opportunity to share products I love and use in my own kitchen.
7 thoughts on “Barbecue Bacon Meatballs”
Put a water chestnut in the middle of the meatball
Wow, what a great recipe! I want to make this special for my husband, he likes meatballs so much. Will definitely try this. Thanks for the awesome share.
Can you use fresh ground beef? I was thinking about stuffing them with cheese. Any suggestions for that!? Thank you
Yes, you can do that. I would use this recipe as a guideline, and add bbq sauce. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/229346/giant-bacon-wrapped-meatballs/
sorry but absolutely no way I would use ground beef that was 27% fat as that recipe wants you to use .. I’ll use my regular GB and make them with 92% beef 8% fat and put mushrooms and cheese in them and bacon wrapped around … sounds much better to me … thanks for the bacon recipe …
Whoa! Awesome game day offering and we love Stubbs BBQ sauce! Delicious! Take care.
This looks AMAZING!! I’m drooling just thinking about making them!! Thanks for the quick and easy recipe!