I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Cheesy Skillet Meatballs are coated in marinara sauce, flavored with fresh basil, and covered in a blanket of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. You can serve them over pasta for a meal or serve them on garlic bread slices for a delicious appetizer.
There’s so much to do during the holidays and I’ll admit I get a little obsessed with holiday baking- cookies, fudge, pies, candies, cakes. The list goes on and on. Sometimes I can spend all day in the kitchen but have nothing but sugar-laden foods to show for it.
That’s why during the holiday season I totally rely on shortcut, quick and easy meals. And there’s no better way to make a yummy meal with a minimum amount of effort than with Johnsonville Meatballs.
Johnsonville Meatballs come frozen in three tasty flavors: Original Italian, Homestyle, and Three Cheese and they are fully cooked making them perfect for the busy holiday season.
Johnsonville Meatballs are made from premium cuts of pork and there are about 20 meatballs per bag, plenty for a holiday appetizer or to feed a family of four for dinner.
Since the meatballs are already fully cooked, it takes no time at all to make this dish. Just add some oil to a pan. I like using a cast iron skillet. Add the meatballs and heat them on each side for about a minute. Then add a jar of marinara sauce and some fresh basil. Simmer until the meatballs are heated all the way through.
Finally add some Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese.
I don’t know what it is about meatballs and melted cheese but that’s a combination I can’t resist.
For a fun party appetizer, serve Cheesy Skillet Meatballs over garlic bread slices.
Cheesy Skillet Meatballs are cooked in marinara sauce, flavored with fresh basil, and covered in a blanket of Parmesan and Mozzarella.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package frozen Johnsonville Meatballs
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheeses
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a nonstick or cast iron pan. Add meatballs and cook for about 1 minute per side.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer until meatballs are heated all the way through.
- Sprinkle basil and cheeses on top and continue to cook over low heat until cheese is melted. (Or you can stick the pan under the broiler to melt the cheese.)
- Serve over pasta or with garlic toast slices.