Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings are coated in a super easy sweet and spicy glaze made with a jar of pepper jelly. They are great for gameday!
Pepper Jelly is one of my favorite southern condiments. It is mostly sweet with a little kick from peppers. You want a jar of red pepper jelly for this recipe, NOT green pepper jelly. There are many different brands of pepper jelly available and they really vary in heat and flavor. I typically use Braswell’s or Stonewall Kitchen.
Bake The Wings
The wings first get baked in a 400 degree oven until cooked through and crispy. Then they get tossed with glaze and broiled briefly to crisp them up some and really seal the glaze on them.
Use A Rack
I like to set the wings on a rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. They get crispier since the air can circulate under them. It’s totally ok to cook them directly on the baking sheet if you don’t have a rack.
The 3-ingredient glaze is so easy. Just heat a jar of pepper jelly with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of butter.
Recommended Equipment for Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Baking Rack- I use this Checkered Chef Baking Rack.
- Tongs- useful for placing the chicken wings on the baking rack and removing them.
Spice Them Up
Some pepper jellies are not very spicy. To add a little more heat, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper to the glaze.
More Wing Recipes
More Recipes Using Pepper Jelly
- Red Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- Cranberry Pepper Jelly Spread
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jelly Glaze
- Pepper Jelly Glazed Carrots
Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place a metal rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Cut off and discard the wingtip from each wing and then cut wings into flapper and drummette pieces.
- Season wings with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place on the metal rack.Bake for 45 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat pepper jelly, vinegar, and butter in a small saucepan until warm.
- When wings are done, toss them in a large bowl with the sauce. Return to the metal rack and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden in spots.