Chocolate and peanut butter. Is there any better combination? These little bite-sized Peanut Butter Brownie Cups have a brownie exterior filled with a smooth and creamy peanut butter mixture.
They’re bite-sized so you can eat more than just one.
But they’re so good, you may lose track of how many you’ve eaten. But don’t worry. This recipe makes a huge tray full of brownie bites, so no one needs to be the wiser.
Box Of Brownie Mix and Mini Muffin Tin
I used a box brownie mix to keep the recipe simple. For the miniature size, I used a mini-muffin pan. I actually have 2 mini-muffin pans and each one makes 12 mini-muffins.
The muffin tins are filled about 2/3 full with brownie batter and baked. Then you let them cool just slightly and press down in the middle with the back of a spoon or your thumb (I find using my thumb works best.) to form a brownie cup and make room for the peanut butter filling.
Easy Peanut Butter Filling
The peanut butter filling is simply a mixture of creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream. You could use Cool Whip if you don’t feel like whipping your own cream.
I used a plastic bag with the corner snipped off to fill the brownie cups. It goes really fast that way. To make them look pretty, I sprinkled a few mini chocolate chips on top and then they’re ready to eat!
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
More Peanut Butter and Chocolate Favorites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
- 1 box Brownie mix, plus ingredients on box
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- Make brownie mix according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 12-cup mini-muffin tins.
- Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full with brownie batter. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove from muffin tin. Use your thumb or back of a spoon to press an indentation in each one.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks. Refrigerate until needed.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer peanut butter mixture to a large plastic bag and snip corner with scissors.
- Fill each brownie cup with peanut butter mixture.
- Top with mini chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted February 11, 2016
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
12 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Brownie Cups”
Sounds yummy but before I get started, the recipe says makes 40 brownie bites but the instructions say to use 2- 12 cup mini muffin tins which is 24 brownie bites. Is the serving size of 40 incorrect or do I repeat the baking process a 2nd time or use additionsl tins?
You will need to do several batches if just using 2 pans. Sorry for the confusion.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate can never do any wrong.. these look incredible. And I love how little they are – the perfect moorish bite sized treat Xx
Oh goodness, that peanut butter filling makes me so happy! Chocolate and peanut butter is a favorite combination, for sure, making this treat a real winner!
I can never resist a brownie, especially ones with peanut butter frosting! These look incredible, Christin!
These brownie cups are so fun and absolutely adorable, Christin! Chocolate and peanut butter is the best and I love how easy these are to make!
These look amazing, Christin! Chocolate & pb = heaven. I will take a dozen for myself! ; ) Happy Valentine’s weekend!
Omg! Peanut butter and chocolate is my FAVORITE! This is a great recipe I will let you know how it turns out! thank you!
There’s definitely no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate. These brownie cups look SO good! That filling is just calling my name…love it!
I love peanut butter and chocolate! These are fun and adorable brownie cups, and I like how quickly they come together with a little help from brownie mix.
These cups are so cute, Christin! They also look pretty dang dangerous, because no way can any sane person eat just one of these delicious minis! Loves it! Cheers, friend!
That Pb filling looks so incredible and creamy! Delicious 🙂