Peach Gingersnap Crisp is full of fresh, juicy peach slices topped with a buttery gingersnap cookie topping. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream for an unbelievable peach dessert.
Fresh peaches and the spices in gingersnap cookies are a magical combination. And I love the crunch on top that this crisp has.
What is a Crisp?
A crisp is a fruit dessert in which the fruit is topped with a crunchy mixture of butter, brown sugar, and flour. It’s very similar to a cobbler which has a biscuit-like or pie crust-style topping. Both crisps and cobblers are best when served with vanilla ice cream.
Crisps are super easy desserts to make and one of my favorite ways to turn fresh summer peaches into a quick and easy dessert. Unlike cakes and pies, crisps are virtually fool-proof.
To make a really good crisp, you want to start with really amazing fresh peaches. Preferably they are really ripe and positively dripping with juice when you slice them. If you don’t have fresh peaches, frozen peaches are perfectly acceptable. Just thaw them first.
The filling is a simple mixture of sliced peaches, brown sugar, a little cornstarch to help thicken the juices, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt.
The topping consists of crushed gingersnap cookies, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and butter. Once assembled, it takes about 30 minutes to bake. Let it cool about 10 minutes and then serve warm.
If you love the flavor of gingersnap cookies, you are going to adore this Peach Crisp.
Try These Other Peach Desserts:
- Peach Cobbler Bars
- Peach Crescent Dumplings
- Easy Southern Peach Cobbler
- Georgia Peach Pound Cake
- Peach Praline Upside Down Cake
Peach Gingersnap Crisp
- 7 to 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teapsoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coarsley crushed gingersnaps
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together sliced peaches, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and pinch of salt.Transfer peach mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Place gingersnap crumbs, flour, 2 tablepsoons brown sugar, baking powder and butter in a food processor and pulse just until combined.Note: If you don't have a food processor, just mix the ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon.Sprinkle mixture on top of peaches.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.