Peach Bourbon Tres Leches Cake makes a wonderful make ahead dessert for a summer get together. It is cool and creamy and fabulously rich with a layer of sliced fresh peaches and a little bourbon to add another flavor dimension.
Since this Tres Leches Cake has bourbon in it, it is best for an adult party. 🙂
Three different kinds of milk- evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream, make this tres leches incredibly moist and rich.
A bed of sliced fresh peaches lays on top of the cake and then a heavenly layer of whipped cream covers the peaches.
There’s nothing not to love about peaches and cream.
You can peel your peaches or leave the skins on. I couldn’t decided which way I wanted them so I peeled half of them. 😉
If you want even more peach flavor, you could use Peach Schnapps instead of bourbon.
This Peach Bourbon Tres Leches Cake should be served chilled out of the refrigerator, making it an especially good dessert for a hot summer day.
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 to 5 peaches, peeled if desired and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9X13-inch pan. Line pan with parchment paper and lightly butter it.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Separate eggs and with an electric mixer beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar on medium speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Using a clean and dry mixing bowl and beaters, beat egg whites starting on low speed and increasing to high speed. Beat until they reach soft peaks, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With mixer on high, add 1/4 cup sugar in a steady stream to the egg whites. Continue to beat until firm peaks form.
- Working in thirds, fold in 1/3 of flour mixture and then 1/3 of egg whites into egg yolk mixture using a rubber spatula. Repeat 2 times.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack, peel off parchment paper and let cool completely. Return cake to baking pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together condensed milk, evaporated milk, 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, bourbon, and cinnamon.
- Prick cake all over with a fork and slowly pour bourbon mixture over the top of the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours of overnight.
- Cover top of cake with peach slices, saving a few slices for garnish.
- To make whipped topping, beat heavy cream with an electric mixer at medium speed. When it begins to thicken, slowly add sugar. Continue to beat until it holds firm peaks. Spread on top of cake.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking.