Meat Lovers Bubble Up Pizza- this refrigerated biscuit casserole is full of sausage and pepperoni plus pizza sauce and plenty of cheese. Such an easy, kid-friendly meal!
Makes a really easy and delicious dinner.
Refrigerated biscuits get cut into pieces and they bubble up as the casserole bakes. It almost has the taste of a deep-dish pizza, but so much easier to make.
Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make Bubble Up Pizza.
- Italian Sausage– use “Hot” sausage if you want your pizza spicy.
- Refrigerated Biscuits– I use Pillsbury Grands.
- Pizza Sauce– different brands really vary in flavor. Use the one that appeals to you the most.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
HOW TO MAKE MEAT LOVERS BUBBLE UP PIZZA:
- Cook the sausage.
- While the sausage cooks, cut each biscuit in 6 pieces.
- Add sausage, biscuit pieces, and pizza sauce to a large bowl. Stir to mix. Mix half the cheese in.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top as well as the pepperoni slices.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
This recipe can easily be customized. Add some veggies like onion, bell pepper, and olives if you wish. To make it spicy, add some jalapeno or 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in an air fryer or toaster oven.
Try These Other Pizza Favorites:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, removed from casing if applicable
- 1 (16.3-ounce) tube Grands Refrigerated Biscuits, Homestyle or Flaky Layers
- 1 (15-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 18-20 pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Drain any grease off. Let cool.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.Place sausage, pizza sauce, and biscuits in a large bowl. Stir to evenly combine.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Add half of it to the bowl with biscuit/sausage mixture and mix it in.
- Transfer biscuit/sausage mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Arrrange pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?