The best of pizza and cheeseburgers are combined to make this family-friendly Cheeseburger Pizza. It is topped with a special cheeseburger-style sauce, dill pickles, roma tomatoes, bacon, ground beef, and plenty of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
I first had a cheeseburger pizza years and years ago at a local pizza restaurant chain, Wolfman Pizza, and it quickly became one of my favorite pizzas.
I tend to be a big fan of the nontraditional pizzas in general. Replicating a cheeseburger pizza at home actually turned out to be quite easy.
I used a prebaked crust to make this pizza super easy, but you could make a homemade dough or use store-bought pizza dough. The sauce is my favorite thing about the pizza. It’s made from a mixture of ketchup and mustard and gives the pizza a little zip. I like to mix a little of it into the browned ground beef for extra flavor. Dill pickles on a pizza may sound strange at first, but it really works with the sauce and the other ingredients.
Next time you can’t decide between making pizza or cheeseburgers for dinner, make life easy and just go for the Cheeseburger Pizza. It’s fun, easy, and delicious. Pair it with a simple green salad for a quick weeknight meal.
Try These Other Pizza Recipes:
- Garlic Bread Pizza– one of my favorties and so easy to make!
- Jamican Jerk Chicken Pizza– lots of kick to this pizza.
- Southern BBQ Pizza with Pulled Pork– the perfect southern pizza.
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza– with a rich, creamy sauce.
- Chipotle Chicken Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza (CPK Copycat)
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 prebaked thin pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a pizza stone in the oven if you have one.
- In a small bowl mix together ketchup and mustard to make sauce.
- In a large skillet, sauté ground beef for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Add onion and green pepper and continue to cook until meat is no longer pink. Spoon off any excess grease.
- Add salt and steak seasoning to ground beef mixture. Mix 1 tablespoon of sauce into ground beef mixture.
- Spread some sauce on the pizza crust. I just add a thin layer of sauce. You can always drizzle additional sauce on top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture onto the pizza crust and sprinkle with bacon and pickles.
- Top with remaining cheese and roma tomato slices.
- Place on baking stone, directly on oven rack, or on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published July 16, 2104.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.