Chicken Alfredo Pizza is a pizza version of the creamy pasta dish and it has so much flavor. For the first level of flavor, the pizza dough is coated with a garlic butter. Next comes a rich and creamy sauce flavored with Romano cheese (parmesan cheese could be used instead).
The toppings include diced chicken, baby spinach, green onion, bacon, and of coarse mozzarella cheese.
For the pizza dough, you can use a premade crust such as Boboli, buy pizza dough from the grocery store or favorite pizza restaurant, or make your own.
If you make your own, I love Craftsy’s Perfect Pizza at Home . It’s a totally free online class taught by Peter Reinhart, the author of American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza. You can watch it as many times as you like and the recipes and instructions are excellent. It will take your pizza making skills to new heights.
I make this pizza vegetarian for my daughter by leaving out the chicken and bacon and using some steamed broccoli instead. She loves it!
CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA RECIPE TIPS:
- The pizza dough will be much easier to stretch or roll out if it is at room temperature. Remove it from the refrigerator an hour or two in advance. Be sure to keep it covered well so that it does not dry out.
- A pizza stone is recommended to get a crispy crust. You want the pizza stone to preheat at least 15 minutes.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, to make 2 pizzas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese or Parmesan
- 1 boneless chicken breast or 1 cup meat from a rotisserie chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- handful of baby spinach leaves, optional
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Let pizza dough come to room temperature and heat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- To make garlic butter, melt butter over medium heat in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt and remove from heat.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a medium pan. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Mixture will be very thick. Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese. Remove from heat.
- Divide pizza dough in 2 pieces and roll or stretch into approximately a 10-inch round. Place on a lightly floured pizza peel or baking sheet with no edges.
- Spread half of garlic butter on dough and cover with approximately 1/2 cup of the sauce. You can use more if you want it heavy on sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and poultry seasoning. Scatter 1/2 of chicken on dough.
- Top with spinach leaves, half of mozzarella, bacon, and green onion.
- Slide pizza off of pizza peel onto a the pizza stone or onto a baking sheet if you are not using a pizza stone.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes of until crust is golden brown.
- Repeat to make a second pizza.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published March 17, 2015.
More Pizza Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
21 thoughts on “Chicken Alfredo Pizza”
I made this pizza yesterday and it was so good!
This is a delicious recipe! I made a couple changes. I used Rhodes frozen bread dough. 1 loaf made a bigger pizza than the 10″ rounds. So I did not divide the ingredients. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you!
Glad you enjoyed the recipe Sharon. I have never tried Rhodes bread dough to make pizza. Will have to try that soon!
I just said to my boyfriend “mmm, look at that pizza” as I was pointing to a photo of this pizza! This looks beyond amazing, Christin! Definitely trying this pizza soon. I’ve been making pizza so much at home lately and another great recipe to try is a must!
Gosh I seriously want this chicken alfredo pizza right now!
Pizza is our favorite and I love finding new ways to dress it up! This looks fantastic!
We love white chicken pizza in my house. This looks delicious!
Love chicken alfredo pizza! Can’t wait to try yours!
I used to think that chicken on pizza is weird and unappetizing. Then I moved to Kenya where chicken was the topping of choice. Needless to say, I caved in and gave it a try. And you know what? I finally realized that I was missing pizza’s best kept secret. Now I don’t hesitate to order chicken on my pizza. And this pizza. . . with all it’s cluck- cluckediness looks so tasty (as do all your other chicken pizzas. . .still fantasizing about the Thai chicken pizza and wishing it were in my hand right now).
This pizza sounds amazing, Christin! I’ve always wanted to make my own version of this, so now I have the perfect recipe!
oooh yum..haven’t tried pizza like this yet!
Creamy topping looks so good.. I would love a slice 😀
Oh my goodness…I was just looking through all of your pizza recipes. How have I never made one of these before?? They are making my mouth water!
I want a piece of this right now! Will make this soon for the family 🙂 Thanks, Christin from a fellow Southerner!
This pizza looks divine Christin! I wish I had this for dinner – I was craving something wonderful like this!
Great recipe Christin!
This looks so good, you’ve made me hungry!
I’ve never made Chicken Alfredo Pizza before, but I bet it tastes awesome just because the creamy pasta dish is full of flavour! Great idea! Pinned!
Pizza, pizza. It graces out table every week and we all love it. This topping sounds amazing. Pinning!
Have a great week Christin!
It’s only 8am, and I am wanting this pizza for lunch!