Chicken Alfredo Pizza is a pizza version of the creamy pasta dish and it has so much flavor. For the first level of flavor, the pizza dough is coated with a garlic butter. Next comes a rich and creamy sauce flavored with Romano cheese (parmesan cheese could be used instead).
The toppings include diced chicken, baby spinach, green onion, bacon, and of coarse mozzarella cheese.
For the pizza dough, you can use a premade crust such as Boboli, buy pizza dough from the grocery store or favorite pizza restaurant, or make your own.
If you make your own, I love Craftsy’s Perfect Pizza at Home . It’s a totally free online class taught by Peter Reinhart, the author of American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza. You can watch it as many times as you like and the recipes and instructions are excellent. It will take your pizza making skills to new heights.
I make this pizza vegetarian for my daughter by leaving out the chicken and bacon and using some steamed broccoli instead. She loves it!
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, to make 2 pizzas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese or Parmesan
- 1 boneless chicken breast or 1 cup meat from a rotisserie chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- handful of baby spinach leaves, optional
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Let pizza dough come to room temperature and heat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- To make garlic butter, melt butter over medium heat in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt and remove from heat.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a medium pan. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Mixture will be very thick. Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese. Remove from heat.
- Divide pizza dough in 2 pieces and roll or stretch into approximately a 10-inch round. Place on a lightly floured pizza peel or baking sheet with no edges.
- Spread half of garlic butter on dough and cover with approximately 1/2 cup of the sauce. You can use more if you want it heavy on sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and poultry seasoning. Scatter 1/2 of chicken on dough.
- Top with spinach leaves, half of mozzarella, bacon, and green onion.
- Slide pizza off of pizza peel onto a the pizza stone or onto a baking sheet if you are not using a pizza stone.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes of until crust is golden brown.
- Repeat to make a second pizza.
More Pizza Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.