Chipotle Chicken Pizza is a delicious California Pizza Kitchen copycat with chipotle salsa as the sauce, chunks of chicken, red onion, and Mexican cheese. Once the pizza is baked it is topped with a black bean-corn salsa, a lime cream sauce, and fresh cilantro for even more flavor.
California Pizza Kitchen has my favorite pizzas. We used to go to the restaurant frequently to eat, but we hardly ever find the time to anymore. I thought the next best thing would be to recreate some of my favorites at home. A couple of weeks ago I posted a copycat version of their Thai Chicken Pizza and I think I like this one just as much.
I totally love Mexican flavors and this pizza is full of them. I think my favorite is the black bean-corn salsa, but the lime-cream sauce is a close second.
For this Chipotle Chicken Pizza recipe, you will need a Pizza Baking Stone, a Pizza Peel, and one pound of pizza dough.
The Black Bean-Corn Salsa and Cilantro-Lime Cream can be made a day in advance.
I like to use rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
To make it easier to roll out the dough, remove it from the refrigerator 60 to 90 minutes in advance.
In order to get a really crispy crust, use a pizza stone and heat it in the oven for a full 30 minutes.
More Pizza Recipes
- Pepperoni French Bread Pizza
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza
- Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Chipotle Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup mild thick and chunky salsa
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 pound pizza dough
Black Bean-Corn Salsa
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Cilantro Lime Cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature for 90 minutes.
- You want to heat the oven, with a pizza stone inside, for at least 30 minutes before using it. Oven should be heated to at least 450 degrees. Preferably 500 if your oven will go that high. Use the middle rack for the pizza stone.
- Make the Black Bean-Corn Salsa. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Make Cilantro Lime Cream. Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Working with one piece at a time, stretch or roll the dough into approximately a 12 inch round. I shape it with my hands without it touching any surface, but if you are using a surface, lightly flour it. .
- Lightly dust a pizza peel or back of a cookie sheet with cornmeal or flour. Place shaped dough on top. You want to make sure there is enough cornmeal or flour to keep the dough from sticking to the peel or it will get misshapen when you transfer it to the pizza stone.
- Stir together the 1 cup of salsa and the chipotle peppers and spread about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup on the dough. Top with half the cheese, chicken, and red onion.
- Transfer to pizza stone by tilting and shaking the pizza peel until it slides all the way onto the stone. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- To serve, top with black bean-corn salsa and drizzle with lime cream sauce. (I used a plastic bag and snipped the corner to drizzle the cream sauce. This only works well if you have very finely chopped the cilantro.
- Repeat to make one more pizza.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon.com affiliate links.
20 thoughts on “Chipotle Chicken Pizza”
This looks incredibly yummy! I am a total sucker for anything chipotle! Can’t wait to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!
Oh, wow! This is beyond tempting!!! I love the flavors going on with this pizza!
Wow, this looks phenomenal! I haven’t seen pizza with a salsa on top before…clearly, I haven’t been CPK in a very long time. Yum!
Love how bright these photos are! I used to work at CPK and I was OBSESSED with trying a different pizza everyday hahahaha.
Gorgeous pizza! I’m loving all your creative pizzas! We’re having pizza tomorrow and I seriously can’t decide which one I want to make! I am so tempted to make both 🙂
Eeek! This pizza looks amazing – so mouth-watering!
Double WOW! I am totally craving a slice of this pizza right now! Love the Mexican twist on this classic recipe and the chipotle flavour is SO good. I cannot wait to give this recipe a go, Christin! 😀
So – just a plain pizza with adobo peppers in chipotle sauce would be heaven – but you added in that Black Bean-Corn Salsa and drizzled that cilantro lime dressing – now, resistance is futile!
what a great pizza! mmm!
This pizza looks amazing! I love all these ingredients, and I’ll bet this is WAY better than CPK’s. 🙂
This pizza looks amazing! I’ve never had it at CPK (probably because I always get the BBQ chicken pizza) but I will absolutely be trying it at home! Pinned!
We are always tempted by the BBQ Chicken Pizza too! Now my daughter will only eat pizza if it has a bbq sauce instead of a tomato sauce!
Wow this pizza looks so good!
This pizza looks absolutely stunning! Wow! I love everything about it — yummmmm. 🙂
Love this Mexican take on pizza! The color is absolutely gorgeous! Pinned 🙂
This pizza is da bomb. I know it will be a hit in my house.
I absolutely love Mexican inspired dishes and pizza. Why haven’t I ever thought to combine the two?! I love this pizza, it looks absolutely delicious!
Now this is my kind of pizza! I love the chipotle flavors, Christin! My husband and I often order bbq chicken pizza, so I can only imagine how good this version must taste!
Holy moly this pizza is bananas!!!!