Greek Pasta with Chicken is a creamy pasta dish loaded with feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, garlic and olives. So rich and delicious!
I adore Greek flavors. Scroll down for more Greek-inspired recipes. I always have feta cheese in my refrigerator. I love it on so many things. In addition to the salty flavor of feta cheese, this recipe also has salty kalamata olives, lots of garlic, roasted red peppers, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and a little lemon juice. For herb flavor, there’s 2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
Rich and Creamy Sauce
The sauce is a combination of 8 ounces of cream cheese, 2/3 cup of half-and-half, plus feta cheese. So rich and creamy. Be sure to save some of the pasta liquid. You can mix it into the sauce if it is too thick.
Type of Pasta To Use
I’ve used linguine for this recipe, but you can use any pasta shape. Fettuccine, Angel hair pasta, penne, and cavatappi would all work well.
Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts. They will take slightly longer to cook.
Shrimp would be a really great substitute for chicken.
Halved cherry tomatoes can be used instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
Artichoke hearts would be a great addition.
How To Make Greek Pasta with Chicken Spicy
If you want to make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepepr flakes.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Greek-Style Recipes
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes and softened
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguine in salted water according to package directions. Save 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and drain. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally into two thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook onion until softened.Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and half-and-half. Cook over low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in feta cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and remaining dried oregano.
- Combine sauce and cooked pasta in a large bowl and mix together. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.