Greek Grilled Cheese is stuffed full of roasted red peppers, sliced pepperoncini peppers, kalamata olives, and red onion with lots of feta and mozzarella cheese. The bread gets crispy and golden with so much gooey, melted cheese in the middle.
The saltiness of the feta cheese is my favorite part of this Greek Grilled Cheese along with the peppery spiciness of the pepperoncini peppers.
Tips For Making:
- It’s best to start with an unsliced loaf of bread so you can slice it in nice thick slices.
- Sourdough is probably the best bread to use, but French bread or a country-style bread would be good too. You just want to make sure you use a sturdy bread to hold up to all the cheese and filling.
- If you have a panini grill, you can use it.
- The filling is totally customizable. Leave any of the ingredients out or try adding spinach, sun-dried tomaotes, or chopped artichoke hearts. A little roasted garlic or fresh dill or oregano would be great too.
This Greek Grilled Cheese is a simple sandwich with so much flavor. The blend of flavors with lots of delicious, gooey, melty cheese is a real winner.
For lots of short cooking videos, follow our YOUTUBE Channel.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes:
- Fried Green Tomato and Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Brisket Grilled Cheese
- Corned Beef Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs
Greek Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together roasted red peppers, olives, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Spread 1 side of each piece of bread with butter.
- Heat a large skillet. Place 1 piece of bread butter side down in skillet, top with 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese, half the roasted red pepper mixture, followed by another 1/3 cup of mozarella cheese and a second piece of bread.
- Flip over when the bottom is golden brown and cook until the second side is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat for second sandwich.