Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs are a super fun and tasty combination of 2 classics- Grilled Cheese and Hot Dogs. A buttery, crispy hot dog bun encases a grilled hot dog with lots of melty cheese and crispy bacon. Lunch doesn’t get any better than this!
The buns are brushed with melted butter flavored with a little garlic powder. A squishy, bland hot dog bun is easily transformed into a warm, toasted, buttery-crisp on the outside pocket for holding all kinds of deliciousness. The bun itself is every bit as crave-worthy as the yummy stuff packed inside.
I just added bacon and cheese to mine but you could go crazy with what you add: pickle slices, onion, jalapenos, maybe even some chili. However you best like your hot dog topped, go ahead and stuff them in these Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs. They can only get more delicious!
Hot dogs never tasted so good. Grilled cheese and hot dogs- It’s a glorious combination that’s a home run with adults and kids alike.
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 buns
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic powder to melted butter.
- Brush outsides and insides of buns with melted butter.
- Cut a slit in hot dogs. Place hot dogs and buns in grill pan and cook for about a minute on each side.
- Place a hot dog in each bun, add 2 slices of bacon and 1/4 of the cheese to each one. Close buns and press down with a spatula to flatten them some. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook until cheese is melted.