Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Pimento Cheese.
That’s two of my favorite things- bacon and pimento cheese.
Next to Southern Slaw Dogs, it is my favorite way to deck out hot dogs.
The bacon gets wrapped around the hot dogs. You’ll need to secure it with toothpicks (soak them in water first so they don’t catch fire) and be sure not to wrap the bacon tightly. The bacon will shrink as it cooks.
A little time on the grill and the bacon gets fabulously crispy.
Place them in hot dog buns. Be sure to take out the toothpicks. 🙂
Quite frankly, they’re delicious just as is with a squirt of mustard or ketchup. But if you want something a little different and a little more southern, slather them with pimento cheese. Be sure to do this right when the hot dogs come off the grill. You want the heat from the hot dogs to melt the pimento cheese. Then you’ll have a blanket of warm, gooey cheese on top!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Hot Dogs wrapped with bacon and grilled until crispy are one of the best ways to eat them. To make them even more delicious, slather with pimento cheese.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 buns
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained well (may not need whole jar)
- Make pimento cheese. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to mix well. Depending on how many pimentos you want, you may or may not want to use all of them.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each hot dog and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill hot dogs over medium heat, turning them every few minutes to brown all sides. Remove from grill when bacon is crispy.
- Remove toothpicks from hot dogs, place in buns, and top with pimento cheese while hot dogs are still warm.