This creamy Greek Dip is so colorful and healthy and is a cinch to throw together for summer entertaining. I love to serve it with homemade pita chips.
How To Make Greek Dip
To make Greek Dip, I start with a layer of cream cheese mixed with Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and a little Italian seasoning.
Then I spread a layer of hummus on top. You can use any flavor of hummus that you like. I actually like to use a small container of traditional hummus and one of roasted red pepper hummus.
Then on top of the hummus I sprinkle lots of chopped cucumber, quartered grape tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and fresh dill. Then I drizzle just a little olive oil on top.
Homemade Pita Chips
To make homemade pita chips to serve with it, I cut pita bread into triangles, separate the two layers, spread the side that faced inside with butter, a little garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and bake in a 375 degree oven until hot and crispy.
How To Make Spicy
If you wish to make this appetizer spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the topping.
Make in Advance
Greek Dip can easily be prepared in advance, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until needed. It’s creamy, but light and healthy and perfect for sharing at a summer cookout or potluck.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest.
More Summer Favorites
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) container red pepper hummus
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain hummus
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a pie plate or serving bowl.
- Spread red pepper hummus and then regular hummus on top of cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted June 3, 2016.
2 thoughts on “Greek Dip”
This dip will be perfect for our next bbq!
I’m from a German family so I’m fond of German potato salad. The idea having similar flavors with green beans sounds wonderful! This is a great side for a barbecue.