Easy Peach Bars- a can of peach pie filling and a box of cake mix make this bar recipe a breeze to make.
Only 6 ingredients needed for these dessert bars. Some old-fashioned oats make the texture a little bit chewy. It’s a delicious fruit dessert you will want to make over and over.
- Yellow Cake Mix– I use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker.
- Salted Butter– you want it softened so that it will mix in easily.
- Old-Fashioned Oats– gives the bar a chewy texture.
- Egg– helps bind together the bottom layer.
- Peach Pie Filling– you could use blueberry or apple instead.
- Light brown sugar– dark brown can be used instead.
Canned Peach Pie Filling
Because thse bars are made with a can of peach pie filling, you can make them anytime of year. No need to wait for peaches to be in season.
How To Make
- Make The Crust. Combine cake mix, 5 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of oats. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping and then beat in the egg. Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the peach pie filling on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle on the crumb topping. Add the brown sugar, remaining butter and oats to the 1 cup that was set aside and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Hand-Held Electric Mixer- I use this KitchenAid Mixer. I love the colors it comes in, it’s sturdy and dependable.
- 9×13-inch baking dish
How To Serve
Serve them as is or warm them slightly and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Delicious Peach Recipes
- Peach Bourbon Tres Leches
- Cinnamon-Peach Bread Pudding
- Georgia Peach Pound Cake
- No-Bake Peach Cheesecake Bars
- Peach Cobbler Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie Peach Cobbler
- 1 regular-size box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, softened and divided
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 (20-ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- Use a hand-held electric mixer to beat cake mix, 5 tablespoons of butter, and 1 cup of oats until crumbly.Measure out 1 cup and set it aside.
- Add egg to the remaining mixture in the mixing bowl and beat it in.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread peach pie filling on top.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup of reserved cake mixture with the remaining butter, oats and the brown sugar. Beat together and then sprinkle evenly on top of the peaches.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown on top. Let cool before slicing.