Crock Pot Rumchata White Hot Chocolate- only 5 ingredients needed to make this delicious holiday hot chocolate. It’s rich, creamy, and wonderfully sweet with a little kick from the rumchata.
What Is Rumchata?
Rumchata is a cream liqueur made from cream, rum, cinnamon, milk, and sugar. It is similar to Bailey’s Irish Cream but with more cinnamon flavor. Rumchata is creamy, rich, and sweet and is a wonderful addition to cocktails. It goes especially well with white chocolate.
You will need a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe. I use the Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Milk– whole milk or 2% work best.
- White Chocolate Chips– or white melting wafers can be used.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– make sure you use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk. It adds most of the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract
- Rumchata– Bailey’s Irish Cream can be substituted.
It will need about 2 hours on LOW to melt the chocolate chips. Be sure to stir several times during the 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn the heat setting to WARM and people can help themselves.
How To Serve Crock Pot Rumchata White Hot Chocolate
Add a shot of rumchata to a mug and add white hot chocolate mixture to fill the mug. If desired, top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Since the rumchata is added at the end, your kids can enjoy some of this white hot chocolate too.
More Holiday Drinks
- Christmas Margaritas
- Pecan Pie Martini
- Sugar Cookie Martini
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Butterscotch Whiskey Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 shots Rumchata
- whipped cream, optional
- Combine milk, white chocolate chips, condensed milk, and vanilla in a 6-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring several times.
- Place a shot of Rumchata in each glass and then fill with white hot chocolate mixture.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired.