Butterscotch Whiskey Hot Chocolate topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce makes a sweet and soothing drink that will warm your heart on Valentine’s Day. Two kinds of chocolate, unsweetened cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate chips, give the hot chocolate a deep chocolate flavor. To make it extra special for Valentine’s Day, I added Whiskey Girl’s Butterscotch-Flavored Whiskey.
Whiskey already has a wonderful sweetness to it that lends itself to being paired with chocolate and the butterscotch flavor makes it even more delicious.
Whiskey Girl is a small-batch whiskey made by Dark Corner Distillery in Greenville, SC where they use traditional Appalachian distilling techniques. Whiskey Girl is “handcrafted with a kiss of flavor” and come in three flavors: Butterscotch, Peach, and Apple&Maple.
Even if you are not a whiskey lover, you will love this butterscotch-flavored whiskey. Especially when added to a warm mug of hot chocolate or added to a caramel sauce and drizzled over ice cream.
Flavored with all-natural extracts, Whiskey Girl has such a fabulously smooth taste that you might just want to pour it in a glass and sip it. But with such a delicious butterscotch flavor, you’ll also be tempted to add it to coffee, brownies, or maybe even bread pudding. It’s a wonderful base of flavor to add your own little touch to.
I especially like it in this Hot Chocolate recipe. Hot Chocolate has a wonderful way of warming the whole body, and even more so when it has a shot of whiskey in it. 🙂
Find out more about Whiskey Girl and order online here.
Butterscotch Whiskey Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey Girl Butterscotch Whiskey
- Whipped Cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Whiskey Girl Butterscotch Whiskey
- Make caramel sauce. Add butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar, and cocoa powder and bring to a simmer.
- Add chocolate chips and milk and stir and heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is very warm.
- Mix in Whiskey.
- Pour into 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I appreciate the opportunity to share products I love and use, especially when they are produced in my home state. 🙂