Crock Pot Candied Pecans are ultra sugary nuts with some cinnamon flavor. They make a great snack or a wonderful addition to a salad.
The slow coker cooks them perfectly so that they get nice and crunchy on the outside and the sugar gets wonderfully caramelized.
These nuts are perfect for holiday gift giving. You can package them in cellophane bags or small mason jars. They make a great addition to a salad (especially a salad with blue cheese) or a Hot Fudge Sundae. They also make a wonderful oatmeal topping.
Use Both Granulated and Brown Sugar
A combination of granulated sugar and light brown sugar gives these pecans some praline flavor. Dark brown sugar can be used instead of light brown.
Note: These are ultra sugary pecans. You can reduce the amount of sugar to 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar for slightly less sweet nuts.
Make Them Spicy
Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for just a little spicy flavor. Increase to 1/2 teaspoon for more substantial heat. Leave the cayenne pepper out if you don’t want them at all spicy.
- 6-Quart or Larger Slow Cooker- I’ve been really happy with this Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer.
- Parchment Paper
Crock Pot Candied Pecans Recipe Tips
Don’t skip the step of stirring in the 1/4 cup of water the last 20 minutes of cooking. This step helps create a crispy exterior on the pecans.
Be sure to spread the pecans out after cooking to allow them to cool completely before storing. This will prevent them from getting chewy.
Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for about 1 week. Can also be frozen in a freezer bag.
More Pecan Recipes
- Microwave Pralines
- Blue Cheese Chopped Salad with Craisins and Candied Pecans
- Bourbon Pecan Tartlets
- Bourbon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Honey Pecan Pork Chops
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Place pecans in a greased 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites and vanilla until frothy. Pour on top of pecans and stir.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- When there are 20 minutes left, stir in the water.
- Remove pecans from crock pot and spread out on parchment paper to dry. Store in an airtight container.