Bourbon Pecan Tartlets are bite-sized versions of pecan pie that can be made in under 25 minutes! They are crunchy, sweet, and gooey. In addition to the flavors of bourbon and pecans, they also have chocolate chips for an extra dose of deliciousness. Perfect for a holiday party!
Bourbon Pecan Tartlets are made from frozen phyllo shells. Using phyllo shells makes them a cinch to make and also turns them into easy to eat finger food. The crunchy, flaky layers of the phyllo shells are the perfect contrast to the gooey, sweet filling with the buttery crunch of chopped pecans.
To make Bourbon Pecan Tartlets, you’ll need 2 12-count boxes of phyllo shells. Arrange them on a lightly greased baking sheet. In a large bowl, whisk together an egg, some light brown sugar, a hefty dose of bourbon, and a little melted butter.
Next stir in some chopped pecan pieces and mini chocolate chips. Spoon the filling into the phyllo shells. These bite-sized treats only need about 15 minutes to bake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tips for making Bourbon Pecan Tartlets
- I like to use Maker’s Mark for the bourbon. It has a nice, smooth flavor.
- You’ll want to toast the pecans first. I find the easiest way to toast them is to put them in a cake pan or baking dish and place them in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes. They are done when they start to get fragrant.
More Pecan Pie Recipes
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo pastry shells
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Arrange pastry shells on a lightly greased baking sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, butter, and bourbon.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans,
- Spoon pecan mixture into phyllo shells. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from River Road Recipes IV
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.