Corn and Crawfish Chowder is wonderfully creamy and thick, loaded with crawfish and corn, plus it’s easy to make.
If you love mudbugs, you will love this easy chowder. Serve with cornbread or crusty French bread. Makes about 6 servings.
How To Make Corn and Crawfish Chowder
- Saute onion and garlic in some butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help thicken the chowder some.
- Whisk in milk, heavy cream, and a can of condensed cream of potato soup. These 3 ingredients will add a great deal of creaminess.
- Add the canned corn, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes
- Add crawfish and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Type Of Cajun Seasoning To Use
You can use either cajun or creole seasoning. They are very similar. I use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, but you can use another brand. Keep in mind that many cajun and creole seasonings contain a great deal of salt. Instead of using cajun or creole seasoning, you can use Old Bay.
Is This Chowder Spicy?
The cajun seasoning adds a little heat. If you want more, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or serve with TABASCO Hot Sauce.
Leftovers will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave or in a pot over medium-low heat.
Shrimp or crab can be substituted for the crawfish. If using shrimp add them just for the last 3 minutes or so of cooking so they don’t get overcooked.
More Crawfish Recipes
- Crawfish Bread
- Crawfish Fettuccine
- Crawfish Cornbread
- Crawfish Burgers
- Crawfish Queso
- Fried Crawfish Etouffee Balls
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound frozen, cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes to soften.Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.Gradually whisk in milk and cream.
- Stir in potato soup, creamed corn, corn, Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add crawfish and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.