Chili Dog Skillet is a quick and easy recipe for a fun party food. Pigs in a Blanket are baked with chili dip in the middle. So cheesy and good!
Hot dogs are cut in thirds, wrapped in crescent dough, and placed around the edge of a cast iron skillet. A creamy chili dip topped with cheese is placed in the middle.
Quick and Easy To Make
Refrigerated crescent roll dough and canned chili make this recipe super easy. You can use whichever canned chili you like. Either with beans or without. I typically use Armour chili. Each piece of crescent dough gets cut in thirds to wrap 3 hot dog pieces.
- The pigs in a blanket are arranged standing up around the edge of the skillet and baked for 18 minutes.
- The chili dip is added to the middle and the pan is returned to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes to warm the dip.
Creamy Chili Dip
The canned chili (2 cans) gets mixed with 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes to make a creamy, tasty chili dip that only takes minutes to make.
One cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chili dip gives a cheesy finish to this recipe.
Equipment Needed For Chili Dog Skillet
You will need a 10-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe. If you don’t have one, you can use a round baking dish instead.
More Easy Party Foods
- Chicken Cranberry Pinwheels
- Mini Taco Bites
- Sausage Crescent Balls
- BBQ Chicken Dip
- Broccoli Crescent Squares
Chili Dog Skillet
- 8 hot dogs, cut into thirds
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles and cut each one in thirds. Wrap a piece of dough around each hot dog piece and arrange them so they are standing up around the edge of the skillet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the chili, cream cheese, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the chili mixture into the center of the skillet and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes.Sprinkle with green onion.