Sausage Crescent Balls are an easy 3-ingredient recipe. Maybe the best sausage balls ever! Perfect for a holiday party or gameday.
Just 3 Ingredients
Only 3-ingredients in this easy party food: breakfast sausage, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and crescent rolls. I have to say I like this recipe so much better than the classic sausage ball recipe using Bisquick. Makes a great game day snack or holiday appetizer or you can serve them with scrambled eggs for an awesome breakfast.
The little bits of crescent rolls are so delicious and buttery tasting.
Is This Dish Spicy?
Use “Hot” Breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean) and these sausage balls have a little kick to them. To make them spicier, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the mixture.
How To Make Sausage Crescent Balls
- Mix together the sausage and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the crescent dough into 1/4-inch squares. I like to dust each side of the crescent dough with flour before cutting it but this step is optional. It helps keep all the dough pieces from clumping together when you mix them into the sausage mixture.
- Shape the sausage mixture into approximately 1 1/4-inch balls. You should get about 36. A few more or less is fine.
- Place them on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Sausage Crescent Balls will keep about 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the oven or air fryer.
Try These Other Bite-Sized Party Foods
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 pound "hot" breakfast sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sausage and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on a piece of parchment paper. Dust each side with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 1/4-inch pieces.Mix about 1/3 of the dough pieces into the sausage mixture.Mix the remianing dough pieces in in 2 additions.
- Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls and place on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.