Sweet Little Smokies Rolls- cocktail wieners are wrapped in crescent roll dough and baked in a brown sugar/butter mixture until golden. Makes an awesome savory/sweet party food.
These Sweet Little Smokies Rolls always get gobbled up at a potluck. Perfect for gameday, a Christmas or New Year’s party, or any kind of celebration. They are basically Pigs in a Blanket with a sweet, buttery glaze and a few chopped pecans and they are definitely finger-licking good.
They are incredible hot out of the oven, but also taste great at room temperature. Leftovers will keep well too.
This is a great recipe to add some spice to. You can add cayenne pepper to give some heat to these smokies to balance the sweetness or you can leave it out if you just want a good sugar rush.
How To Make Sweet Little Smokies Rolls:
This recipe is easy to assemble and only takes about 22 minutes to bake.
First you’ll stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper (if using). Put a little of this mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish to grease it. Next unroll a tube of crescent roll dough and separate it into triangles. Then cut each traingle into 3 equal sized pieces. Wrap each piece around a cocktail wiener. Place them in the baking dish and sprinkle the chopped pecans over them. Note: You can leave the pecans out if you don’t like nuts.
Pour the remaining butter mixture over the top and bake until golden brown. So easy and delicious!
Try These Other Savory/Sweet Appetizers:
- Polynesian Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
- French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread
Sweet Little Smokies Rolls
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent roll dough
- 1 (14-ounce) package Little Smokies, blotted dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne until mixed well.
- Pour about a tablespoon of butter mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and coat the entire bottom of the baking dish with it.
- Divide the crescent roll dough into triangles and cut each one into 3 smaller triangles.
- Wrap a piece of dough around each cocktail weiner. Note: You will have a few cocktail weiners left over.Place them evenly spaced in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top and evenly pour the remaining butter mixture over the little smokies.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.