Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs cook up in just minutes and make an easy appetizer with just the right amount of sweet and spicy. Cocktail meatballs are almost a must at southern holiday parties. These Instant Pot Meatballs are also perfect for game day.
Another meatball recipe I love are these Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs. They are a real favorite for Christmas parties as well as New Years.
This Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs recipe makes use of frozen meatballs, greatly reducing the prep time. It literally only takes 5 minutes or less to get the ingredients in the Instant Pot. You’ll use a jar of chili sauce, a jar of grape jelly, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and a little water. Mix all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, add the meatballs and stir to mix them in.
Cover the Instant Pot and Pressure Cook for 8 minutes. Keep in mind that it will take 10 to 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Once they are cooked, if you want to thicken the sauce a little, you can add some cornstarch. Just mix it with an equal amount of cold water before adding it to the Instant Pot.
The chili sauce (I use Heinz) makes a great base for the sauce and the grape jelly adds lots of sweetness. I find 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to be just the right amount of heat to balance the sweetness, but you can add less if you want them less spicy.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Add chili sauce, grape jelly, water, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder to Instant Pot. Stir to mix.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat them in the liquid.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Make sure valve is in "sealing" position. Set to Pressure Cook for 8 minutes.
- Release pressure manually and carefully remove lid.
- If you want the sauce to be thicker, mix the cornstarch with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cold water. Add to the pot and stir it into the sauce. Set to "Saute" mode and let simmer for a minute or 2 to thicken.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.