Shrimp Tostada Bites are stuffed full of guacamole and topped with spicy, seared shrimp. These bite-sized Tex-Mex appetizers make a great Cinco de Mayo treat.
The components can be made ahead of time and then they can be assembled in just minutes. The shrimp have a good amount of spice and a little sweetness from some honey. The cool and creamy guacamole pairs perfectly with the shrimp.
There are 3 components to this recipe: tortilla scoops, guacamole, and shrimp. So easy!
Ingredients Needed For Shrimp Tostada Bites
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Limes– used for both the shrimp and the guacamole.
- Honey– adds a little sweetness to the shrimp. Leave it out if you don’t want any sweetness.
- Paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and ancho chili powder– seasonings for the shrimp.
- Shrimp– fresh, medium shrimp that have been peeled and deveined. You can leave the tail on or remove it.
- Avocados– make sure they are ripe.
- Red onion– leave it out if you don’t like red onion in your guacamole.
- Jalapeno– to add some heat to the guacamole.
- Sour cream
- Tortilla Scoops
Don’t overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cook very quickly. They only need a couple of minutes to cook.
Using store-bought tortilla scoops makes this recipe super quick. If you want to make homemade tortilla cups from flour torillas, use this Mini Taco Bites recipe.
Homemade guacamole is so easy to make and only takes a few ingredients. Don’t forget the salt. I think guacamole tastes best when it has a couple pinches of salt added.
If making the guacamole ahead of time, be sure to cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent it from oxidizing.
Try These Other Amazing Shrimp Appetizers
- Shrimp Toast
- Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp
- Easy Shrimp Spread
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Dip
- Spicy Shrimp Dip
- Spicy Party Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla scoops
- Combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, honey, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and ancho chili powder in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in shrimp.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- While the shrimp marinate, make the guacamole.Mash the avocado with the lime juice.
- Stir in the red onion, jalapeno, sour ceam and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Fill each tortilla scoop with guacamole and then top with a shrimp.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.