Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans is an old-school creamy chicken casserole. Made with pantry ingredients you are likely to have on hand, this easy casserole is pure comfort food.
There’s some pimentos added for color and water chestnuts for a little crunch. A combination of mayonnaise and condensed cream of celery soup forms a creamy base for this recipe.
Once you have the rice cooked, you just mix everything together in a large bowl, transfer it to a baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. It’s a super easy dinner. Serve with a salad and you have a very filling meal.
Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans Recipe Tips:
- I like to use rotisserie chicken for this recipe but any cooked chicken will do.
- Either very finely chop the onion or saute it first so that it gets soft.
This recipe is simple and basic and is easily customizable.
- Try adding a few toasted pecans or almonds on top.
- If you want some cheesy flavor, add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- Substitute canned asparagus for the green beans.
- Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom Soup can be used instead of Cream Of Celery.
- For more flavor, try adding 1 teaspoon of curry powder or 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Fried onions make a great topping.
- If your box of rice has a seasoning packet, use it.
Try These Other Chicken Casseroles:
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Baked Chicken and Rice with Bacon
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans
- 3 to 4 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 (6-ounce) box Uncle Ben's white and wild rice, cooked
- 1 (10.75- ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepepr
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease either a 7x11-inch or 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes uncovered.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
10 thoughts on “Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans”
One of favorite dishes!
I made this the other day for a sick friend. It was similar to a recipe I loved years ago. It was a little more bland than the recipe I was trying to remember. I added about a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and it was perfect!
I have my own version, very close, but omit green beans and pimentos. I use cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, water chestnuts, celery and mushrooms. My family loves it.
Great recipes so far.
What other substitute can I use for that uncle bens rice? They have the less healthy Ben’s where I live!
You can use any wild rice blend.
When you cook the Uncle Bens wild rice blend, do you use the spice packet?? Thanks!
Julia, I do. I think it is part of what makes the casserole not so bland. I’m still trying to find something else to kick it up a bit.
I spice it up with the old glory southern spiced green beans.
Yes, use the spice packet.