Chicken Florentine Casserole is a wonderfully creamy, cheesy one dish casserole with a buttery bread crumb topping.
This mix and bake casserole can be prepared in just about 10 minutes and then it needs just 30 minutes to bake in the oven. Even though there is spinach in it, this is a kid-friendly casserole. They will love how creamy it is and the spinach blends right in and is hardly noticeable.
A combination of mayonnaise and sour cream plus a can of condensed mushroom soup creates an ultra creamy base for this casserole.
What To Serve With Chicken Florentine Casserole?
This casserole tastes great served over white rice. It’s a really rich recipe so I like to serve it with either a green salad or steamed broccoli.
- A rotisserie chicken can be substituted for the chicken breasts for convenience.
- If you don’t like mushroom soup, try using condensed cream of chicken or cream of celery soup.
- To make this dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- I like to add 1 teaspoon of curry powder for flavor, but you can leave it out if you don’t like curry powder. Try using 1 teaspoon of dried basil instead.
- If you have just a little left over, try mixing it in with some pasta to stretch it and voila! You have a second meal. It also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
Can This Casserole Be Frozen?
Yes, it can be frozen for up to 3 months before or after baking. I prefer doing it before baking. When ready to cook the frozen casserole, let it thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. You may need to add 10 minutes onto the baking time.
More Easy Casserole Recipes To Try:
- So Easy Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli
- Beef Florentine Casserole
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 (10-ounce) pacakges frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 pounds chicken breasts (about 4 to 5), cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 talespoons butter
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place the spinach in a dish towel or a triple layer of paper towels and squeeze the water out.Add spinach to the mayonnaise mixture and stir in.
- Sir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, and pepper.Check for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 11x7 or 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and then drizzle with the butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen and Friends
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.