So Easy Chicken Stuffing Casserole is a creamy casserole with lots of savory Thanksgiving flavors. Only takes 30 minutes to bake in the oven. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
How To Make Chicken Stuffing Casserole:
Place the diced, cooked chicken in a greased casserole dish.
Whisk together the condensed chicken soup and milk and pour over the chicken.
Simmer the chicken broth, onions, and celery for a few minutes and then stir in the stuffing mix and melted butter.
Let mixture cool until it is not hot and then stir in the eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread on top of the casserole.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Any “cream of” soup can be used in place of cream of chicken soup. Cream of mushroom and cream of celery are good choices.
- Leftover turkey can be used instead of chicken.
- Try adding shredded cheese for extra flavor. Cheddar, swiss, and mozzarella are good choices.
- You can also add a few cooked veggies to the casserole. Corn, green beans, and broccoli are good choices.
- The casserole can be assembled 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Add about 5 minutes to the cooking time since it will be cold when you put it in the oven.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
Try These Other Chicken Casserole Recipes:
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole with Green Beans
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing Casserole
So Easy Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm or Stovetop herb stuffing (dry)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spread chicken in the bottom of a 2-quart greased casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together condensed chicken soup and milk. Pour over chicken.
- Place chicken broth, onion, and celery in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the stuffing and melted butter into the chicken broth mixture.
- Let cool slightly and then stir in the eggs. Season to taste with pepper.
- Spread dressing on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.