Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake- the addition of cream cheese makes this coffee cake wonderfully moist and rich. A brown sugar topping adds extra sweetness.
A little lemon zest in the topping brightens up the flavor.
- 9-inch square baking dish
- Electric Mixer– either stand or hand-held.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe Tips
For best results, use regular cream cheese, NOT whipped, low-fat or non-dairy.
Stick the cream cheese in the freezer for 20 minutes, it will be easier to cut into little cubes.
Frozen blueberries can be used instead of fresh. Keep them frozen and add them just before baking.
Raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries can be used instead of blueberries.
For some nutty flavor, add 1/2 cup of sliced almonds or chopped pecans to the topping.
For best results, be sure to measure the flour correctly. Fluff it up some in the bag and then use a large spoon to scoop it into a dry measuring cup. Level it off with the back of a knife.
Store in the refrigerator. Will keep for 5 to 6 days in an airtight conatiner.
Can be made ahead and frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator and then warm in the microwave before serving.
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Pancake Cake– an easy way to serve pancakes to a crowd.
- Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Coconut Crisp
- Easy Blueberry Pie Coffee Cake– A can of blueberry pie filling makes a wonderfully sweet and fruity filling.
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pie– a smooth, creamy, and oh so sweet filling in a flaky pie crust with fresh, juicy blueberries.
- Blueberry Fritters with Browned Butter Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Gently mix in cream cheese cubes and blueberries.Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Mix together all topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.