Blueberry Buttermilk Pie has a smooth, creamy, and oh so sweet filling in a flaky pie crust with fresh, juicy blueberries. There’s plenty of blueberry flavor in the pie but that quintessential buttermilk pie flavor isn’t overwhelmed by it. It’s a wonderful variation of the classic buttermilk pie that is perfect for summer.
Buttermilk Pie is one of my favorite pies. Here’s my Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pie recipe.
Nothing beats the classic, simple flavor of a Buttermilk Pie and if you have some buttermilk in your fridge, there’s no excuse not to make a buttermilk pie. They couldn’t be easier.
And if you don’t have buttermilk in your fridge, I suggest you head to the store and get some so that you can make this Blueberry Buttermilk Pie. And maybe this Chocolate Buttermilk Cake too.
You can either use a store bought refrigerated pie crust for this pie or a homemade one. Watch the video below to learn how to make an easy Flaky Pie Crust.
I think Blueberry Buttermilk Pie is best served chilled. Maybe with some whipped cream. Then it’s a little slice of pie heaven!
Here is my favorite recipe for Flaky Pie Crust.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pie
- 1 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scatter blueberries evenly in prepared pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt to get all clumps out.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over blueberries
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and it just has a little jiggle in the center when you shake it.
- Cool pie on the counter for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
More Pie Favorites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.