Easy Blueberry Pie Coffee Cake is wonderfully moist and topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, and an easy glaze. A can of blueberry pie filling makes a wonderfully sweet and fruity filling for this coffee cake.
The gooey filling makes it an irresistible coffee cake that can be eaten for breakfast or a snack. It goes really well with a cup of coffee.
I love a good coffee cake. Who can resist eating cake for breakfast? This easy recipe makes about 12 servings and is perfect for a potluck, brunch, or a house full of teenagers. No mixer needed. Just a single large bowl. The batter is a simple mixture of all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, vegetable oil, and orange juice.
How To Make Easy Blueberry Pie Coffee Cake:
- Mix the batter together in a large bowl.
- Spread half the batter in the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling on top of the batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top of the blueberry pie filling, covering it as best as you can.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out witout any wet batter on it.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Once the coffee cake has cooled some, drizzle the glaze on it.
You can get this recipe prepped the night before to save time in the morning. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Any flavor of pie filling can be substituted for the blueberry filling. Apple, peach, and cherry all work well.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and reheated briefly in the microwave.
Try These Other Coffee Cake Recipes:
- Peach Crisp Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Crescent Roll Coffee Cake
- Apple Crisp Coffee Cake
- Bananas Foster Coffee Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 (21-ounce) can Blueberry Pie filling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, and orange juice. Stir until mixed.
- Spread half the batter in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the blueberry pie filling on top.Use a spoon to drop the remaining batter evenly on top.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of coffee cake.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Mix together glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Once coffee cake has cooled for 5 to 10 minutes, drizzle glaze on top.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.