Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake with a hint of almond flavor, sliced almonds, raspberry jam, and a sweet glaze is a delicious coffee cake for the holidays.
Made in a 9-inch springform pan, this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake rises high and has a tender, buttery crumb. This from-scratch coffee cake is covered with a rich cream cheese layer, raspberry jam, and sliced almonds.
The combination of almond extract and sliced almonds gives this coffee cake lots of almond flavor. Serve with a few fresh raspberries for a delicious addition to a brunch or nibble on a slice with your morning coffee.
Tips For Making Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake:
- I use White Lily All-Purpose Flour, which is a southern flour with a low protein content. It is perfect for tender, baked goods. If you can’t find it, use cake flour.
- The batter is very thick and you will need to spread it with either your fingers or a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- You could easily substitute strawberry, peach, apricot, or blueberry jam for the raspberry jam.
- If you don’t like almond flaovr, try using 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead of the almond extract and use pecans or walnuts instead of sliced almonds.
- If you don’t have a springform pan, you can make this coffee cake in a 9-inch cake pan, but it needs to be a deep one since the coffee cake will rise quite a bit.
- Place the pan you are baking it in on a baking sheet just in case any batter overflows or leaks out. You don’t want a mess on the bottom of your oven.
More Coffee Cake Recipes:
- Crescent Roll Coffee Cake
- Apple Crisp Coffee Cake
- Vintage Coffee Cake
- Peach Crisp Coffee Cake
- Easy Blueberry Pie Coffee Cake
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mesure out 1 cup for topping and set aside.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and stir them in.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg to the bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray.
- Press mixture into the springform pan. It will be very thick. Use a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray to even it out or you can spray your hands and use them.
- To make cream cheese layer, place cream cheese, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth. Spread on top of the bottom layer.
- Place raspberry jam in a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. This will make it easier to spread.Spread on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Combine almonds with the set aside topping and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and then remove the sides of the pan
Recipe adapted from Notably Nashville
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.