Blueberry Coconut Crisp is made from fresh blueberries covered in a sweet topping made from shredded coconut, oats and a hint of cinnamon. Serve warm with ice cream for an easy and delicious summer dessert.
This is one scrumptious blueberry dessert. When it comes out of the oven the warm blueberries are so juicy and ready to burst. The streusel topping gets fabulously golden and crispy and the shredded coconut makes it a little chewy.
Blueberry Coconut Crisp can be assembled very quickly. Four cups of blueberries are tossed with sugar and cornstarch and just a little lime juice to perk up the flavor. The mixture is placed in a 9-inch baking dish. A deep dish pie plate can be used.
Next make a topping from flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, shredded coconut, and butter. Sprinkle it over the blueberries and bake for 30 minutes. As easy as that you have a homemade fresh fruit dessert.
More Blueberry Desserts
Blueberry Coconut Crisp
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss together the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lime juice. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and coconut in a bowl. Work in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over blueberries. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.