Air Fryer Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms have a creamy filling and are a cinch to make.
Stuffed Mushrooms are one of my favorite appetizers. They make a great low carb appetizer and are such a retro favorite. They also make a great side for a steak dinner.
Quick and Easy in an Air Fryer
Stuffed Mushrooms cook even better in an air fryer than an oven. The cooking time is much shorter and the air fryer preheats in just a few minutes. Plus, if they get cold before you are ready to serve them, you can just reheat them in the air fryer for a minute or two. There is so much to love about air frying!
- Italian Sausage– either mild or hot.
- Diced Bell Pepper– cut it up small and use either green bell pepper or red bell pepper.
- Diced Onion– use yellow, white or sweet onion. Or you can use green onion, but use half the amount.
- Garlic– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder can be used instead.
- Italian Seasoning– dried basil can be substituted.
- Cream Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes– optional.
- Parmesan Cheese
My Favorite Air Fryer
I have recently started using the Cosori Pro II Air Fryer. It is my fourth air fryer and my favorite. It is a good size and isn’t as noisy as some.
Air Fryer Cooking Times
Air Fryer cooking times can vary between models and the size of your mushrooms will also effect the cooking time. Use the cooking time as an estimate.
Type and Size Of Mushrooms
You can use either white mushrooms or cremini mushrooms. Medium to large mushrooms work best, but sometimes you have to use what you can get. Mine are on the smaller size but that just means they cook faster and they are more bite-sized so they are easier to eat.
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days and can be reheated in the air fryer.
More Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
- Air Fryer Spinach and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms– oven recipe.
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cheesy Texas Toast
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 large white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parlsey
- Brown the sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking it apart as it cooks.When it is about halfway cooked, add bell pepper and onion.Once sausage is cooked, add garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds.
- Add cream cheese and stir until it is melted and mixed in. Remove from heat.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and use a spoon to hollow out the mushroom caps a little.
- Divide filling between mushrooms.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place mushrooms in air fryer basket and air fry for 8 to 12 minutes.Sprinkle the cheese on top of the mushrooms and air fry for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.