Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp have lots of spice and can be made in under 15 minutes. Can’t beat that!
How To Serve Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
Air Frying Shrimp
Shrimp are one of my favorite foods to cook in an air fryer. Large shrimp air fry in just about 5 minutes. So quick and convenient.
These air fryer shrimp are a great low carb meal and they cook up perfectly juicy and flavorful.
Type Of Shrimp To Use
I am spoiled by living on the South Carolina Coast and I have easy access to very fresh shrimp. If you don’t live near the coast, you are probably best off buying frozen shrimp. Let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight or place them in a colander and run water over them until they thaw. It doesn’t take long at all. I like to use large shrimp for this recipe.
My Favorite Air Fryer
I’ve tried more than a few air fryers over the years. My current favorite is the Cosori 5.8-Quart Air Fryer. It cooks well, is made well, is easy to clean, and makes less noise than some other brands.
Careful not to overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cook very quickly and get rubbery in texture if overcooked. They are done as soon as they turn opaque.
Leftovers will keep for 3 days or so in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat them cold on a salad or reheat them in the air fryer or microwave.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Cheesy Texas Toast
- Air Fryer Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices for serving
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper on shrimp.
- Drizzle shrimp with olive oil. Use a fork to mix evenly.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Add shrimp to air fryer basket. Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Transfer to serving plate. Pour melted butter over shrimp and sprinkle with parsley. Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp if desired.