Air Fryer Cheesy Texas Toast- crispy, buttery, and cheesy Texas Toast is super easy to make in the air fryer and only takes 5 minutes. Makes a great snack or an addition to an Italian meal.
Also goes great with an Italian chopped salad.
- Butter– I use salted. If you use unsalted, you may want to add a pinch of salt.
- Parmesan cheese– either freshly grated or the kind that comes in a green can is fine.
- Garlic powder– got to have a little garlic flavor. A clove of minced garlic can be used instead if you prefer it.
- Italian seasoning– dried basil or oregano can be used instead.
- Crushed red pepper flakes– for just a little heat. Leave them out if you don’t want any heat.
- Texas Toast– Texas toast is nice and sturdy and holds up well to having lots of butter and cheese on it.
- Shredded mozzarella
- Thin-sliced Provolone– try using Swiss for a different flavor.
- Chopped fresh parsley– for a little color.
How To Make Air Fryer Cheesy Texas Toast
- Stir together the butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- For crunchier Cheesy Texas Toast, briefly toast the bread slices in the toaster oven to lightly brown them. For softer bread, skip this step.
- Brush the butter mixture on one side of each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover it with a piece of Provolone. Secure the cheese slice with a few toothpicks so it doesn’t fly around in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parlsey and serve. (Take a peak halfway through and reposition the cheese if necessary.)
Don’t crowd the slices in the air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to do 2 to 4 at a time.
Try These Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Reuben Stromboli
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Pepperoni and Peppers Stromboli
- Air Fryer Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 thin slices Provolone cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- If you want a crunchier Texas toast, stick the bread slices in a toaster to get them lightly toasted before proceeding with the recipe. For softer bread, you can skip this step.
- Brush butter mixture in one side of bread slices.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on each piece and cover it with a slice of provolone cheese.To prevent the mozzarella cheese from blowing off, secure with a toothpick.
- Fit 2 to 4 pieces of bread in the air fryer, depending on how many you can fit.Air fry at 350 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes.Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.