These Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are rich and creamy with plenty of crab flavor and a crispy, buttery Panko crumb topping. They make a wonderful appetizer for the holidays and can easily be assembled ahead of time and popped in the oven just before guests arrive.
I’ve been looking forward to sharing this Crab Stuffed Mushrooms recipe with you all week. Not just because I love the recipe, but because I get to tell you about a really awesome way to help ease the childhood hunger epidemic.
Challenge Dairy and UNICEF are joining forces again this year to fight and raise awareness for the childhood nutrition crisis which results in the loss of nearly 3 million young lives each year. Through Challenge’s “Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” campaign, every recipe pinned from Challenge Butter’s “2016 Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” Pinterest Board will result in a meal being donated to UNICEF for a child in need.
Challenge has pledged to provide UNICEF up to 75,000 meals.
I love being able to partner with Challenge Butter to raise awareness for this awesome campaign. We all get so busy during the holiday season and this is such an easy way to help make a difference. All it takes is the click of a mouse.
All you need to do to help feed a child is pin a recipe! That’s it. So simple.
The “Pin a Recipe, Feed a Child” Pinterest Board is full of pins from an awesome group of bloggers. I think you’ll find some inspiration for your Holiday table.
For these mushrooms, I’ve used both Challenge Butter and Cream Cheese. Both are excellent tasting products made with only the freshest ingredients. You can really taste the difference in your food. I love them for holiday entertaining because they can be completely assembled ahead of time and popped in the oven just before guests arrive. With a crab-flavored center, they are such delicious finger food for a party.
Don’t forget to Pin A Recipe between now and December 31, 2016 and help feed a child in need!
- 18 to 20 large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Challenge butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (7 or 8-ounce) container fresh crabmeat, or canned
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces Challenge cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set them aside. Using a spoon, scrape out the gills of each mushroom and discard. Finely chop the mushroom stems.
- Place mushrooms on a lightly greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick pan. Add chopped mushroom stems and red bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and let cool.
- Pick through crab meat and remove any pieces of shell. Add crab meat to bowl along with Parmesan cheese, Cajun seasoning and cream cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix evenly.
- Evenly spoon mixture into mushroom caps.
- In a small bowl, stir Panko crumbs together with melted butter and parsley. Sprinkle on top of mushrooms.
- Place in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I appreciate the opportunity to share products I love and use in my own kitchen.