Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole is a delicious hot meal that deserves a spot in your regular dinner rotation. This is a super creamy baked spaghetti casserole that can be assembled in advance and will really please the whole family. Love that!
When I say creamy, I mean a whole block of cream cheese creamy, plus a container of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream. Yes, it’s a rich meal and because of that you’ll want to serve something light with it like a garden salad or steamed broccoli.
And don’t even think about dessert after a meal like this.
I think that meaty, cheesy casseroles are a big hit with everyone. Ground Beef Casserole, made with egg noodles and a thick layer of cheese on top, is one of the most popular recipes on this site.
If you’re not a huge fan of cream cheese, I recommend cutting the cream cheese in half because the taste is really present.
With 2 pounds of ground beef in a really flavorful and thick tomato sauce, there’s plenty of meaty goodness to balance the creaminess. A layer of Panko bread crumbs finishes this yummy casserole off.
For More Casseroles Perfect For Family Suppers Follow My
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ cup bread crumbs or Panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook, breaking meat apart, until meat is no longer pink and onions are softened. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, oregano, and garlic powder. Stir to mix well. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and green onions. Mix salt into cheese mixture.
- Spray a 9X13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of spaghetti on bottom of casserole dish. Top with cheese mixture.
- Cover cheese mixture with remaining spaghetti. Cover with sauce.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Sharing with The Weekend Potluck
More Meaty Casseroles
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.