Sour Cream and Bacon Potato Salad- this ultra creamy potato salad is loaded with bacon and green onions. It’s a must for a 4th of July party or summer cookout.
So cool and creamy. It is one of my favorite potato salad recipes. (Scroll down for more potato salad recipes.)
The creamy base is mostly sour cream with a good amount of mayonnaise. A little apple cider vinegar perks up the tang in the sour cream and just a few teaspoons of sugar add a hint of sweetness. For seasoning I add salt, garlic powder, white pepper, and parsley.
WHAT TYPE OF POTATOES TO USE?
I use russet potatoes, but red potatoes can be used instead. If using red potatoes, you can leave the skins on if you like. Yukon Gold can also be used. Russet potatoes are starchier and they fall apart more. I think they work well in this recipe beacuse they make it taste like loaded baked potato salad. If you like a firmer potato in your potato salad, use red or Yukon Gold. They are waxier and hold their shape better.
SOUR CREAM AND BACON POTATO SALAD RECIPE TIPS:
For best flavor, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To be sure your potato salad is well-seasoned, once the potatoes are boiling, add a few large pinches of salt to the water.
For a little heat, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
Try These Other Potato Salad Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Loaded Ranch Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Creole Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds small russet potatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teapsoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parlsey
- Place potato halves in a Dutch oven and cover with cold water. Add about a teaspoon of salt.Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.NOTE: Add about a teaspoon of salt when the water comes to a boil.Drain well. Let cool some and then peel the skins off.
- Dice potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and white pepper.
- Add potatoes, bacon, green onion, and parsley. Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.