Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels- this 4-ingredient appetizer is the perfect gameday treat or party appetizer. Buttery crescent roll dough encases an easy cream cheese and sausage mixture.
I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love this easy appetizer.
How To Serve Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
These savory pinwheels can be served as a party food, gameday snack or even for breakfast or brunch. They hold their shape well and can easily be eaten as a finger food.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage– I use Jimmy Dean. You can use “Hot” sausage if you want the pinwheels spicy or “sage” sausage for a little extra flavor.
- Cream Cheese– let it sit at room temperature for an hour so it will mix in easily with the sausage.
- Dried Minced Onion– adds a little onion flavor to the filling. Instead of using dried onion, you can cook 1/2 cup of diced onion with the sausage.
- 2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Sheets– If you can’t find crescent roll sheets, just use regular crescent roll dough and press on the perferations to seal them.
How To Make Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Cook the sausage and mix together the 3 ingredient filling.
- Spread the filling on the crescent dough and roll it into a log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. This will help keep the pinwheels from spreading out when they bake.
- Slice with a sharp knife and then bake for 10-14 minutes. Serve.
Italian sausage can be used instead of breakfast sausage. Diced jalapenos or crushed red pepper flakes can be added for heat. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
Make Ahead and Storage
Can be made into logs a day in advance and then sliced and baked right before serving. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
More Easy Party Food Recipes
- Sweet Little Smokies Rolls
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- BBQ Chicken Crescent Pinwheels
- Alabama Fire Crackers
- Sausage Crescent Balls
Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, I use Jimmy Dean
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 2 (8-ounce) rolls crescent dough sheet
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large nonstick skillet.
- Let cool and then mix in the cream cheese and minced onions.
- Unroll the crescent sheets out on a work surface. Spread half the mixture on each one, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Roll dough up starting at a long end. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Unwrap crescent logs and cut into 1/2-inch slices with a sharp kinfe.
- Place on baking sheets and bake 10 to 14 minutes.