A packet of ranch seasoning mix gives extra flavor to chicken fingers and makes them seem like an extra special treat. Dip them in Ranch dressing for a double dose of Ranch deliciousness!
I love to have packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix on hand. Besides the fact that they make just about the best ranch dressing imaginable, they can be used to season up almost anything you cook. In addition to perking up chicken strips, they also do a great job at seasoning potato wedges.
These Ranch Chicken Fingers develop a super crispy coating as they fry that has plenty of seasoning. The chicken meat stays tender and moist.
How To Make Ranch Chicken Fingers
The chicken tenders are first coated in flour mixed with some of the ranch seasoning. Then they are dipped in egg and coated in panko crumbs mixed with ranch seasoning.
About 8 minutes in some hot oil and you have chicken tenders the whole family will enjoy.
The leftover ranch mix can be mixed with a combination of buttermilk and mayonnaise to make a ranch dip to dunk them in. You can never get enough ranch flavor!
More Chicken Finger Recipes
- Peanut Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Chicken Crispers
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
- Coconut Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix, I use Hidden Valley
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peanut or Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour and 2 teaspoons of Ranch mix.
- In a second bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, Panko crumbs, 2 teaspoons Ranch mix, and salt.
- In a third bowl, beat together eggs and water.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to between 360-375 degrees in a Dutch oven or deep skillet, preferably cast iron.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and then coat with Panko crumb mixture.
- Frying 4 to 5 pieces at a time, fry chicken for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve with Ranch dressing.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted July 17, 2015.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.