Coconut Chicken Fingers are wonderfully crispy with a little sweetness and spice. Dip them in a flavorful honey sriracha sauce for a fantastic appetizer or lunch.
These Coconut Chicken Fingers have so much more flavor than regular chicken fingers. I love how golden they get. Shredded coconut pairs with panko crumbs to make a wonderful coating.
A creamy mayonnaise-based sweet and spicy sauce is just the thing to dip them in. I also love them dipped in honey mustard.
Leftovers taste great on a salad.
Tips for Making Coconut Chicken Fingers:
- Be sure the oil temperature is right. It should be between 350 and 360 degrees F. If it is too low, your chicken will soak up too much oil and if it is too high, the coating will burn before the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- I prefer buying boneless chicken breasts and cutting them into strips, but you could also use chicken tenderloins.
- They are best eaten right away but if you have an Air Fryer, you can easily crisp the leftovers back up.
- To bake this recipe instead of frying, arrange the chicken fingers on a baking sheet, spray them with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes.
More Chicken Fingers Recipes:
- Pickle-Brined Chicken Tenders
- Coconut Macadamia Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Crispers
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
- Ranch Chicken Fingers
- Peanut Crusted Chicken Fingers
Coconut Chicken Fingers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 or 5 pieces depending on how big they are.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper and coat in flour.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Combine coconut, Panko crumbs and salt and pepper on a plate.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then press the coconut mixture onto all sides of chicken.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a deep cast iron skillet or a Dutch oven. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, fry for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Place on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with sauce.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Coconut Chicken Fingers”
Very tasty. Went together quickly.
Any tips using an air fryer? I seem to burn the coconut. Not sure about temp and time. Tastes great