Pineapple Coconut Macadamia Pie is full of tropical flavor in a buttery, flaky pie crust. No time or money to go to Hawaii? Get a taste of the island life at home with this pie. It’s the perfect ending to any summer meal. Made with fresh pineapple, the flavor of this pie is hard to beat.
I love pineapple desserts including this Pineapple Sheet Cake. It’s sweet juicy flavor works wonderfully in sweet treats.
The pineapple gets soft but still retains some of its texture. You could probably use canned pineapple, but I feel like it wouldn’t be as good as fresh, especially texture-wise.
Pineapple Coconut Macadamia Pie has a creamy, sweet filling with wonderful texture and flavor contrasts. The crunch of the macadamia nuts, the slightly chewy texture from a full cup of shredded coconut, chunks of fresh pineapple, all coated in a creamy filling. It’s a winning combination for sure!
Use either a store-bought or homemade pie crust.
Pineapple Macadamia Coconut Pie is best served cold making it a refreshing, tropical dessert for a hot day.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
- Pie dough for a 9-inch pie plate either homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pie dough in a 9-inch pie plate and shape to fit. Either cut off any excess or fold it under so that dough does not extend past the edge of the pie plate. Use your fingers to crimp the edges. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, milk, and butter until mixed well.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and brush edges of dough with heavy cream (to help browning).
- Scatter pineapple pieces evenly across bottom of pie.
- Pour filling over pineapple.
- Scatter coconut and macadamia nuts on top. Use a rubber spatula to press them down slightly into the filling.
- Place pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool and then refrigerate. Best served cold.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Pineapple Desserts
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.